Wednesday, December 9, 2009

another one!

Okay so Rhylan and I were dancing. I spun around and she said "no spinning! Princess spin"
Me: "I am a princess."
Rhylan: "No, I princess, you oc-a-pus."

It kind of hurt my feelings a little bit to be demoted from a princess to an octopus. Good thing I love her. And good thing I laughed after I was sad for those 2 seconds.

Last week we made sugar cookies!! I had so much fun. It has been a really long time since I have made these, we are talking like 10+ years. My mom hates sugar cookies, there are much better treats we like for Christmas (peanut brittle, fudge, etc--sugar cookies just sound boring compared to these) But I have a little girl now and sugar cookies are the FUN thing to do. Here is our process:

She added all the ingredients and we stirred together. Here she is rolling with our very high tech rolling pin!--still need one of those i guess.

More rollingCookie cutting (good thing 1 of my 2 cookies cutters was Christmasy)
So carefully putting them on the pan.

frostingdecorating
displaying
eating!!! she loved them

3 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Cute cookies! Looks like fun. And I bet you wish you were an octopus....they've got EIGHT hands dude!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

right on tiffany about the octupus, that probably was a compliment from Rhylan, because you can do everything so effortesly. Love the last 3 posts, so excited to see everyone in person. We have snow!! Remeber I bought a snowsuit for Rhylan to wear. No boots though. We'll figure something out. Love ya.
mom. ps. my spelling is bad today, who cares, not getting graded.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, Savannah, Rhylan is such your mini-me in the picture of you guys making cookies! Too too cute!

who's checking