Monday, March 11, 2013

Sunbeam

Gracin became a Sunbeam this year!!  I was pretty nervous for him.  He is not one to sit still for very long-- unless he is reading a book!  He doesn't like to sing and has a hard time waiting his turn.  He is also very stubborn and strong so he is hard to control when he wants to be difficult.  The first week he decided to sit with Rhylan's class.  The primary pres. was okay with that but, Gracin just bugged and distracted Rhylan.  Then next Sunday he had been taken out a few times and they came and got me.  It was a workout to try and get him to stay in his seat!  I eventually took him out 2-3 times ending in staying out in the hall.  The next Sunday was a little better we still ended up out in the hall just once.  It kept getting better after that.  One Sunday I brought Smarties and after each song he sat through he got one.  He never got up once!  Yes, I bribed him with candy but hey it worked.  And yesterday I didn't go in at all!!  I peeked in the window and his teacher gave me a smile and a thumbs up!  I guess he was doing good.  When Riley picked him up from class his teacher said "he is still a bit wiggly, but he is getting better every time."  I am so thankful for his great patient teachers.  I am so proud of my big boy doing his best to be a SUNBEAM!






2 comments:

Jill said...

I have a feeling it will be a similar situation when
Ashlyn becomes a Sunbeam in January. I am glad to hear that Gracin is doing better each week! Yay :)

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Handsome boy in his sweater vest!
I am thinking I'd better take notes on this post because sunbeam time is gonna be rough for Jude too I think

who's checking