Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Ornament

While growing up, my family had a very cool tradition! Each Christmas we would get a new ornament to put on the tree. Sometimes my mom would buy some and then let us choose,or we would make a trip to the store and get to each pick out our own. And a couple of times she painted us a new ornament. Some of them didn't last as long as others, and of course it broke our hearts to let them go but I am so glad that I still have so many of them. When we move away and get married we then were able to have a tree full of unique ornaments that were pretty special!!! Here are some of mine that I still have. These first two are from my first two Christmases.

Riley and I decided to keep this tradition with our children. Here is the ornament Rhylan "picked" out this year. (I finally found some that she liked and gave her a choice between two) This is a pretty neat one because now she can always remember that she went to the Georgia Aquarium this year and loved the fish!!

5 comments:

Cleona said...

Hey that's a good idea. Kenny's grandma also gave them ornaments every year, now we have some little ornaments from his childhood decorating our tree. I love it. Glad your having a great time this holiday season!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I really loved that part of christmas. I happy to see that you want to continue it. I Love the little fishy. It will make a great memory too.

Lant Family said...

What a pretty fish!

Anonymous said...

We have that same tradition, I really love it! We're doing the same thing with our kids too. traditions are fun!

Rachel said...

I just put up all the ornaments up on our tree this morning! I know what you mean. Cute fish too! It is so fun to get them out every year, because so many of them bring back special memories. I think I'm going to try to make an ornament this year for Luke with his picture. I'll tell you how it goes.

who's checking