Monday, January 23, 2012

Little boy hands


I had a special experience with Gracin last night. He has always been a mamma's boy, which I LOVE. But this last month he has been a bit more attached. He is only 2 years old, so when I hear those "mama" cries from the bedroom my heart just melts and I have to go in and make my boy feel better. He usually plays around in the bedroom for a while but eventually he ends up in bed somehow asleep. But last night he was having a hard time. I don't know if he was scared, or just lonely but he really wanted me to come comfort him. All he wanted me to do was hold his hand while he fell asleep. I thought it was so sweet. His eyelids were pretty heavy, but he kept them open as long as he could. Every time I would try to slip my hand away, his little chubby fingers reached quickly for mine. At first I thought, oh come on Gracin, I don't want to sit here forever. Then I looked at his sweet face and our hands and thought about how there probably isn't too many years where he is aching to hold my hand, just to have me close. Not to many more years when just being by mom is going to make all his problems disappear. I cherished those minuets we shared last night. Me laying on the floor beside his mattress holding his hand as he slowly went to sleep, holding TIGHTLY to my fingers.

2 comments:

Brittany H said...

Oh, so sweet. Don't you love those moments? It makes every hard part of being a mom sooooo worth it!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

That is pretty sweet. Cute little guy

who's checking