Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hazel Alberta Williamson

Hazel was born
Thursday, March 29 at 12:32 am
7 lb 4 oz.
19.5 inches long

Birth Story: I had a scheduled induction for Wednesday March 28th. I was 39 weeks along but my doctor was going to be out of town the next day for a week. My parents were already coming into town Thursday to go to Conference. So I was able to ask them to come a day early to help watch the kids for me. That was a huge relief. We are so new here in St George it was hard for me to ask people I barely knew to watch my kids for hours of labor.

So Wednesday came and we just had to wait for them to call us when they had time and space at the hospital. Finally around 3:00 pm I called them to see what was going on. They said I was next in line but it could still be a while. After several more calls, more women going into labor on their own, and lots of crying on my part, it didn't look like we were going to make it. I was worried because my doctor was leaving and so were my parents, I just thought I wouldn't have help.

Finally at 10:00pm we got called in. At the the hospital, they got things rolling pretty quick. I was changed, checked in, and started pitocin at 10:40 pm. I guess I was having a few contractions when I got there. I was already dilated to a 3 and my membranes had been stripped the day before, so my body was just ready to get moving. My doctor came in and broke my water. Shortly after that my contractions were getting pretty painful. I mean quite intense!! After about an hour I was asking for my epidural already. I thought I was being a wimp but man I was in PAIN.

I got the epidural and instantly felt relief. I love that. Riley and I knew we had a long night ahead of us and we had already been up all day. We were excited to hopefully take a nap for a few hours before things got exciting. Once my epidural kicked in completely, my nurse put in my catheter. As she felt inside to make sure the tube wasn't in the way for babies escape, she got a strange look on her face. She said I can't find your cervix! After feeling around she said, oh my you are at a 9!!! I said "are you kidding?" She hadn't even gotten my ice yet!

So they called my doctor right away. I pushed once before he got there, they could already see her head. The doctor came in, I pushed 2 times and she was born! Riley said I had her about 4 min after the doctor showed up!!! They started pitocin at 10:40pm and I had her at 12:32 am. That is less than 2 hours of labor!!! My nurse said I was her best patient to date! I honestly could believe it went so fast.

Now I know why my contractions were so painful and intense. I was transitioning from a 3-9 in less than an hour. I also want to remember I was shaking like crazy ever since I got the epidural until they took it out. I also only had a small tare. She was much smaller than my other children so healing may be a little easier this time.

I also learned this time that red-heads are prone to bleed more. I remember after Gracin they were concerned with my bleeding, same thing this time. I had to get a shot and was constantly being checked to monitor my heavy bleeding. It finally slowed down after a day.

Rhylan was so excited to meet her sister. I guess that morning she got dressed and all ready before anyone else ever woke up. She ran around the house saying "come on lets go!!!! I want to go see Hazel, come on lets go!" She is the best big sister, she just wants to hold her all the time and be where she can keep an eye on her. She and Grammy Sue brought me some flowers for my room and was excited to show them to me.

Gracin hasn't really acknowledged Hazel at all. In the hospital he didn't want to see her or touch her. He mostly hung out with his new best friend Zak (my brother.) Every time we ask if he wants to hold her or even look at her, he quickly says "no."

Hazel is doing good at breastfeeding and we are doing pretty well together. She is a great sleeper right now. Last night was our first night home and she only woke up at 11:30pm and 3:30 am!! What a sweet girl. We are just in love with her, she has a sweet little face with perfect skin and we think she may have strawberry-blonde hair like me. I guess we'll have to wait and see! She is just perfect. We feel so blessed.
My girls and I.


Grammy Sue and Hazel.
Rhylan, the best big sister in the world.

Proud Grandparents- Grandbaby #4
Williamson family of 5!!
Riley is a pro at being a daddy now!!
Papa and Hazel
Uncle Zak was in love!! Its pretty sweet to see him, and 18 year old, be interested in a little baby.



8 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is so sweet...congrats! I LOVE her name!!!

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so glad things went so smoothly for you!

Colette said...

Love your family picture!!

Natasha said...

Congratulations!!! She looks adorable, makes me want to have another little one...and mine is still a baby!

Rachel said...

Just wanted to add that I hope you don't hesistate to ask someone if you need help, especially this next week or two. I know that I'd be happy to help someone in your situation even if I didn't know her. :) The pics are beautiful! I hope your recovery goes well! Love ya!

Andrew and Heather said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet! Hooray for a fast labor and smaller baby. I don't know what I would do if my labor was more than 5 hrs.

Katie B said...

Woo, nice work! And what a beautiful babe. I hope the adjustment to having another kiddo is as swift as your labor!

R and A Lambert said...

Such a cute tiny girl! Congrats! And way to go on the quick labor!!

who's checking