Friday, September 20, 2013

First day of school

Okay this is way late!!!
Two weeks before we moved, Rhylan and Gracin started school!! Rhylan couldn't wait to start but was a little nervous to go to a new school.  She was worried about making friends and that her teacher wouldn't be as nice as Mrs. Montes.  But as soon as she met Ms. Vartola, she couldn't wait for the first day of school to begin. She has to wear school uniforms now and I think she looks so cute.




Her desk was right in the front row, here she is all ready for her big day!! I cried when I left.  I can't believe she was starting full day school.  I sure do miss her during the day.  But she loves it and is doing so well.

Gracin started Pre-School that same day!!--love this photo bomb picture:)
He really was SOOO EXCITED to start school.  He wasn't nervous at all.  I think that will be a trend for him.  He never cried when he started nursery, he just loves change and loves to be with people.  He picked out his own outfit and was really excited to actually use his backpack.  He only goes 2 days a week for 3 hours at a time.  So he's not gone very much.







Blurry phone shot!  He didn't even look back!  He told me "you go home now."
So each day I drove 45 min to drop Rhylan off at school.  Then I would drive back home.  About 2 hours later I would head back another 45 min drive to drop off Gracin at school.  Then Hazel and I had 3 hours to spare!  I wasn't going to make the 45 min drive home just to come back.  So we headed to do a little shopping, and eat lunch with Riley!  She really enjoyed the individual attention.  After I picked up the big kids we had to head to finish up the last 2 weeks of swimming lessons an hour from their new schools! So I was living in my car for two weeks.  Hazel and I were driving from 10:30 am until 4:30 pm!! We were so glad to move in and avoid all this!
Waiting to pick up Rhylan.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't believe all the driving you had to do for two weeks...and how ready for preschool Gracin was. It must be a relief that he is so eager for change and easily goes with the flow :)

who's checking