Sunday, November 17, 2013

9/11 Memorial

One thing I really wanted to do was spend some time at the 9/11 Memorial.  It was so strange to be in a place to quite right in the heart of busy New York.  You could just feel a very special peace here.  Everyone was walking slowly and talking quietly.  It was a great memorial, I love what they did.  In the place where the Twin Towers were, there was a large hole with water falls on all sides.  Then in the middle there was another hole ans waterfall, I couldn't see the bottom (I think that was the point.)  Then all around each location, were the names of all who died, each name was listed.  It really hit home to see each name, there were so many.  I still remember that day back as a senior in high school, so vividly.  I was so glad I was able to see this.








No comments:

who's checking