Sunday, November 17, 2013

Statue of Liberty

Another great adventure I had, was riding a ferry to Staten Island to wave at the Statue of Liberty!  The official tours for Liberty/Ellis Island and ferry wasn't a terrible price but it was supposed to take 3-5 hours to complete!!   When you only have 2 days and so much to do, you couldn't spend 5 hours on one activity.  So I almost gave up on a life long dream to see her in person.  But then my MIL said they have ridden a free ferry that goes near the statue, when they have come before!  It was perfect.  Plus if I was actually on the island with the statue I think all my pictures would be pointing up her nose... just say'n. I love checking things off my bucket list:)

Here is the view of the city as we were sailing away.
This is about the view you have from land, we had only been on the ferry a few minuets.  The statue looks so small compared to all the skyscrapers I have been walking around.

This is about the best view I was able to get in person. 
Thanks to zooming, computers, and cropping, her details can come alive.  Cameras are amazing things.
She is so pretty!!
View with the city behind her.

No comments:

who's checking