Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birds

It is neat to live right next to a pond. We have seen so many different types of wild life because of it. Every time I look out my bedroom window I look for something moving out there. This week has been the bird week. Here are some ducks! This is a first. I have never seen ducks here, I hope they stay around.

And this bird was here yesterday! If you know what it is let me know. He was huge. I have seen him (probably not the same one) three times this winter. He is blue and gray, it was pretty exciting to see a new bird. I am pretty sure Arizona doesn't have any of these.
Flying away empty handed.

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

I think that big bird is a Crane. I may be wrong but I have seen one like it at latimer park.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Okay Riley came home and told me it was a great blue heron!

Julie said...

Blue Heron's are awesome and actually we had them in Pinetop - crazy huh!! My mom would always show them to me when she saw one behind our house by the swamp or at woodland lake. We didn't see them very often - but every once in awhile - we always thought it was the same one...who knew?!!

who's checking