Thursday, February 12, 2009

Too scared.

Yesterday we got a note on our door saying that there will be a safety check today starting at 9 am lasting all day! It also said the horns and bells in your apartment will go off, it is only a test. First I thought okay, when do I put Rhylan down for a nap? And then as it got to be about 10:30 I couldn't handle it anymore. It was like when I was teaching school and I knew there was going to be a fire alarm that day, I could barely teach. I am always afraid of that sound. Poor second graders they didn't even have a "grown up" to turn to when they were scared. So finally I just left the house. I had every intention of being gone for hours so I would miss the traumatic experience. To waste time we did these things: (it actually turned out to be a nice outing)

1. Go to Sam's Club and buy diapers
2. Share pizza and a hot dog at Sam's
3. Go to the park and swing (Rhylan's request after we saw the swing sets in Sam's)

4. Climb up and down the stairs because we can!
5. Chase birds because we LOVE birds

6. Go for a long walk and scare all of the ducks away!7. Go to the library.
8. Drop off visiting teaching notes and candy.
9. Call the office and see if it is over YET.
10 Go home and completely miss the whole thing!
11. Oh and sneeze for the rest of the day from being out in the "spring" wind

3 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

scardy cat!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Dad

Chris and Sue Knight said...

Miss you guys. I just want to squeeze her. mom

who's checking