Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ice storm

Well it has been some crazy weather here. This is all new to me, I have never seen so much stuff covered in ice! Its kind of pretty. Everything is glistening. I took some pictures for all of you not living in the south.

Here is the grass in our back yard. Every blade of grass is stiff with ice. It would barely move when I pushed on it.



Every thing is so slick. I fell right on the ground about 1 seconds after taking this pic of the mail box.--I don't think anybody saw!
I sure hope we don't need to go anywhere anytime soon. I don't think we could get into our cars, they're sealed shut. Also, I bet the roads are complete ice. I am surprised we still have power.

5 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Man careful on that ice! Mom told me that she slipped and fell right on her face yesterday. She is ok but man that had to hurt! That looks so crazy!

Rachel said...

Wow! That is really beautiful! I'm glad I don't have to deal with it though.

Chris and Sue Knight said...

yeah, about now I really dislike ice. I've got the cuts on my face and bruises to prove it. Tiffany said it's better to have a messed up face, instead of a broken hip. HA HA. hope your fall wasn't too bad. people at church tomorrow will wonder what happened to my face.

Chris and Sue Knight said...

also forgot to say,,,, I got the pictures you sent of Rhylan. I'll have to frame all of them. Love them. Rachel did a great job.

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

Oh the joys of living in the south east. In Kentucky we had some crazy ice storms too! It is kinda pretty as long as you don't have to drive in them. They literally shut down the entire town when a bad one hits. They are scary!

who's checking