Friday, January 22, 2010

Look What I Just Made!!!

from scratch-

I have NEVER made bread before. Well, I have a bread machine that I can use, but never all by my self. I have tried rolls, and pizza dough... all failures. But the other day I found this recipe for French Loaves in my Taste of Home mag. I decided to try it. Um.... it turned out PERFECT. I'm serious. Rhylan and I have eaten almost half a loaf already. It was so easy, especially for a beginner. ( I used bread flour like it suggested) The recipe comes from a lade who owns a bakery and sells this there! If you want to succeed in making a yummy bread try it!! the only thing Ididn't get in the scan was 2 tbsp active dry yeast!!

French loaves
yield 2 loaves (12 slices each)

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. active dry yeast
2 cups warm water (110 to 115)

2 comments:

Chris and Sue Knight said...

oh yes, homemade bread is yummy. I can never seem to do it right. good job.

Heidi Joncas said...

I love french bread. I am going to have to try this. Although I have never been to successful at baking, anything.

who's checking