Monday, December 19, 2011

Phyllobates Vittatus

For my birthday, I was able to buy something I have always wanted.... Poison Dart Frogs!! I have been researching Poison Dart Frogs for about 4 years now. A local breeder here in the valley had about 50 frogs to sell. He needed to find homes for them. So I was in luck at a very good price :) I was able to pick two of them up today after work at the breeder's house. It was a VERY hard day to stay focused seeing patients all day today. I was pretty excited to get them today. Of course Rhylan and Gracin were pretty excited too. This a thumbnail species of frog that is called Phyllobates Vittatus from the rainforests of Costa Rica. They are about the size of my baby fingernail.




2 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Riley your frogs are awesome! I bet you are so stinkin excited to finally have some. They are so pretty!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

Riley looks like you found more moss..cant wait to see them. I love Rhylans ballet moves.

who's checking