Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Zak's leaving on a mission

 My brother was heading out for his mission.  I am so glad we were able to go to my parents house for the weekend to see him off!  We had lots of fun.

Hazel made lots of friends.  She especially love Grammy Sue.


 Gracin also got some loving from Grammy Sue too.
 He even wanted to comb her hair.
 Hazel fell asleep on everyone!  My mom's rocking chair was a pretty sweet spot.

 Gracin saw my mom drinking out of one of these cups often.  He would sneak it off the counter to try some of his own.  Since I'm not really excited about him drinking Pepsi, we filled one up with ice water.  He loved his new cup.
 We spent some time shooting cans with my dad.


 And then we shot each other... paintball.  This was the day before my brother became a missionary.  We sent him off to the MTC with welts:)
 My baby brother Zak and I.  I'm the oldest and he is the youngest, we are 9 years apart.  He is such an awesome brother.  Sure gonna miss him.

2 comments:

Brittany H said...

So glad you got to go see him for awhile before he left. My brother has about 8 months left on his mission. It has gone by quickly in some ways, but we sure miss him!

Jill said...

Glad you were able to have some time with your brother before he left on his mission. Matt was jealous to hear about the paintballing...he hasn't found a group to go with since we have lived in Oregon.

who's checking