Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Rhylan lost a tooth!


Dec 6, 2012
While Rhylan was getting ready for school one morning, she ran into my room crying!!  She said "mom my tooth fell out!!!"  She was so sad--I guess we haven't really had the conversation where I explain that soon her teeth will start falling out.  I imagine that would be pretty scary under the circumstances:) And honestly I forgot all about that part of childhood for a while.  I mean my kids would never be old enough for that!!!!

I quickly explained how it all works.  Then I asked how it happened.  She hadn't mentioned her tooth being loose before.  She said the was trying to unbutton her jeans with her teeth and it just came out!  So honestly I don't know if it was loose or not before that but at least she is the right age to loose teeth.  AND it is the right tooth to loose first.  We all felt a little better after realizing some of these things.

She didn't even want to go to school that day.  But on our way in--we were way late-- we saw the principle.  Rhylan explained what happened that morning, not so happy about it either.  But when the principle saw her missing tooth, she was so excited.  She said congratulations and made Rhylan feel special.  After that Rhylan had a little more confidence and told all the ladies in the office and each time they were more and more excited for her.  After that, she couldn't wait to get to class and tell her teacher and friends.

For several days after that, she told almost everyone we saw about her tooth story.  She got money from the tooth fairy and got to go shopping at Claire's for the first time.  It turned out to be a great experience after all.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations Rhylan!! I am with you...my kids will never be old enough to lose their teeth (lol). Merry Christmas :)

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

congrats! She looks so darling with a missing tooth! That is pretty funny that she was so distraught (sp?) I can totally see how that would be alarming though

who's checking