Friday, December 28, 2012

Sledding

During Christmas break I decided to take my kids up to my parent's house for some fun. It had snowed recently and I thought they would love playing in the snow.  We started pushing each other down the driveway, they were having a blast.  They also walked around and enjoied making foot prints.  Poor kids don't have snow boots or snow gloves!  I think they were a little cold but they didn't seem to mind.













Then papa came home and saw us sledding down the little drive way.  He decided to take us to BIG snow hill about a mile away.  I didn't bring my camera there but I did have my phone.  Gracin --the dare devil-would ride this little red sled.  It went so fast, I would be afraid to ride it!  And then, at the bottom of the hill, it would crash every time and he would fall out.  I ran to him the first time worried he was hurt, but all he said was "I do it again!!!" He crashed every time, not one tear. After that I asked Rhylan if she wanted to ride that sled, she quickly said "NO WAY!" She had a much slower board/sled that she would take half way up the hill and ride all by herself.  That was more her pace.  


5 comments:

Brittany H said...

Looks so fun. How nice to be close enough to go visit your family. I bet the kids loved it!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

When were you home? We went sledding by the cinderpits in sky hi on new years eve. I was thinking about swinging by your house but didn't think you were going to be home at all during the break. I will be totally bummed if we were there at the same time and didn't get together!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Yeah Jude went down on that little red sled once, crashed, and wanted to go home. That thing is crazy fast!

R and A Lambert said...

So fun! We haven't had any snow (at least not enough to even cover the grass and stay more than 24hrs) so no sledding for us. We may have to travel to the mountains if we want to. Glad everyone had fun!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Glad you enjoyed the snow with the kids...too bad Riley couldn't be here with us. However, spring and summer are my fun days. Hopefully we will get a fence someday to enjoy the backyard with out worring if the kids are going to take off. Miss u, love mom

who's checking