Saturday, May 30, 2009

Birthday Girl!!

This is my favorite picture of the day.

I think I could just post this and have the 1000 words do the rest!---But I know a few people who would not like that very much! So, I have a ton of pictures that I would say are second place finalist, they are below and a ton more that didn't make it and got stuck in the slideshow at the end.
Well today is Rhylan's 2nd Birthday. I really can't believe it. She really has changed these last 12 months. She is now my "Big Girl" and not my baby anymore. She is so independent, funny, brave, coordinated, sweet, creative, bossy, loving, happy, smart...well you get the idea. I think she is just wonderful. I so love this girl.

Here is a quick recap of her big day! Last night we opened presents from family and let her play with all her new toys until 10:00pm. Then today she played again this morning while I got everything ready for her party. We invited all the little girls around her age. She had a pool party! Everyone came and swam. I think they had a good time. Then we sang happy birthday and she blew out the candles on her ELMO cake...she has been asking for this cake all week long. She was there when I ordered it and remembered. Then we opened gifts. She had a great time. Thank you friends for coming and making Rhylan feel special today!

Here she is with her new toys from us and grandma and papa!

2 year old toys are so much more fun to buy than 1 year old toys.

She got a new bike. She can't reach the peddles but she can push
herself across the kitchen and back


There is no way she could drown in this outfit!!

Here it is, the long awaited Elmo cake!


This is a picture of Rhylan while we were singing "Happy Birthday." She felt pretty special.


This is almost as bad as last year, just a different color frosting. It's still her favorite part.

Thirsty for more? Here is the slide show of other pictures.

9 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

In the picture of all three of you with the cake Rhylan's smile is so cute! Looks like you guys had a fun day! I am glad I decided to wait to give her the tutu when I am there, she wouldn't have noticed it amongst so many presents! Man is she spoiled.... I mean loved!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

Savvy, I can't believe she is already 2 years old! Where does the time go? I love the frosting face...that is great! She is one very well loved little girl! Thanks for all the baby furniture advice...good to know!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Rhylan! It looks like she had a great day! Luke and I were pretty impressed with the Elmo cake!

Pierce Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rhylan! I love the Elmo cake!!! Did you make it?

Chris and Sue Knight said...

thank you for putting soo many pics on the blog. I hated missing it. But love seeing how much fun she had.
The cake is fab!! sHE IS SOOOO CUTE.
i LIKED THE VIDEO ALSO. What a fun little girl you have. love mom

Susan said...

It really was such a fun party! Thanks for inviting us - we had a blast!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

NO, I didn't make the cake, I went the easy way and ordered it from Kroger! But I can make it now I think. The eyes and mouth are reusable!

Luna said...

It looks like she is wearing lipstick! So cute!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

It looks like it was a great party. I'm already realizing how fast time goes by. It is so fun to see her personality in the pictures. Great job and capturing telling moments.

who's checking