Friday, August 3, 2012

Plane Party

Gracin absolutely loves planes.  So with a few ideas from pinterest, I created this plane party.  This is my first fondant cake.  It turned out pretty cute.  Gracin really wanted chocolate cake, so that is what he got!
First activity at the party was to make a paper airplane.  I printed out several different folding instructions.  Then they had to fly the plane into some laundry baskets labeled with 10, 20, and 30 points.
I loves these shots with the plan in mid air as they throw them.


At one point Gracin was hiding out around the corner with all his balloons. 
Eventually the Dads were trying to beat Rhylan and Ethan's airplane score.  The kids were winning.

Here is the airplane pinata I made.  It was my first time with this too.  I may have to do it every time.  It was easy and all the kids loved it.






Eventually he went around to all the deserted plates an stole the frosting.  He even walked up to my friend and took the frosting right off her plate in her hands.. what can I say he likes sweets... and it's his party!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun! Such cute ideas! Your cake and pinata turned out great! Happy birthday to Gracin!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

So fun! I love that he was stealing the frosting....he believes in Dad's favorite Birthday saying "The Day is Mine!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I just noticed that Gracin is batting left handed at the pinata! Future baseball slugger. Papa

Brittany H said...

Your cake looks amazing! Is there anything you can't do?!

who's checking