Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Super Gracin!!

8/8/12
I finally decided to potty train Gracin.  I had the worst experience potty training Rhylan so I was pretty much dreading it.  In fact, after I trained Rhylan at age 2.5 and it took 5 months, I vowed to not train Gracin until after he was 3 year old.  My good friend and neighbor told me about a "3 Day Method" she used and said it worked.  She sent me the e-book and after reading it, I decided we could do this!  The only problem was you aren't allowed to leave the house for 3 day straight, not even for 10 min.  I wanted to follow every single rule to the T, to hopefully get quick results.  I looked at my calendar, If I waited until Rhylan was in school I would have to take her and pick her up from school... So it needed to happen before then.  And well the only 3 days that were free were the very next 3 days. 

The first day he had 9 accidents.  That is 9 wet underwear, no dirty underwear!! 
Day two, 4 wet underwear.
Day three, 0 wet underwear!!!

Seriously I will do this method every time from now on.  And wait until they are 3 years old.  It is not worth the head ache before then to me.  The first day he begged for his diaper back, saying "I can't do it!!"  I was so patient and loving--very proud of that:)  But I made sure he knew it was okay to make mistakes.  Because really this is something they have done one way for so long, I bet it is really hard to learn a new way.  I am sure it would take me forever to learn to do something new like this.  With that perspective we handled our days.  For the next few days after that he wouldn't get to the potty fast enough and have some wet spots.  After about 2 weeks he was totally accident free.  I am so proud of him.  He really loves being a big boy. 


I love the super hero underwear he picked out:)
I wanted to show you the freckles he is getting on his cheeks.  I love freckles--- I should, I only have about 4 billion of them.  Then only person I have ever met with more freckles than me is my mom.

1 comment:

Brittany H said...

Yay Gracin!! That is exciting. I'm totally waiting until Brigham is 3 or close to it. I think it is a smart idea!

who's checking