Thursday, November 8, 2012

Keeping them busy

When I tell people I have 3 kids 5 years and under they usually say "I bet you have your hands full!!"  And honestly I do, but its not as bad as they think.  Sure there are moments when I go crazy!  But most of the time things are great.  I love being a mom, I know that I was blessed for this purpose.  Also I know my kids are only little for a short time.  A few months ago I was talking to some friends about having more children.  I surprised myself when I said it will only be crazy for a few short years but they will be mine for eternity!  Why would I only want 3 kids coming home at Christmas, only 3 kids having grand kids for me to love, only 3 kids to spend eternity with?  I don't want to go wild and have 11 kids or anything.  But honestly a few short years of babies and its over.  I want a house full of children to love and be loved.  They also make me a better person, they are teaching me love, patience, selflessness, charity, service, humor, joy, etc. 

Here are some ways I stay sane!  Keeping them buys is always a challenge.  I found a way to keep Hazel entertained while I make dinner... water!  I just pour a little on her tray and she plays for a bit.





Nap time... I just couldn't resist taking a picture.

Food is also a great entertainer.  Hazel is sucking on a carrot stick while I cook.


Gracin will occasionally do some art to keep buys.  Paint is usually a fun thing for him.

Eating sister's homework can keep Hazel busy for a while.



1 comment:

Jill said...

I especially like the water on the highchair tray idea while you make dinner. I am going to try that with Kaden as I always feel like it is a juggling act to keep the kids occupied while I am cooking :)

who's checking