Sunday, March 1, 2009

Finally!!!

Remember back in September when I started a quilt for Rhylan? Well not much has been done since November. Then I remembered that I had not finished the other quilt I started for Rhylan...over 2 years ago! Really I started this quilt in January of 2007 the day after I found out I was having a girl. I went and bought the material and got right to work. Here are a couple of things I learned while making this quilt:
1. Quilts are fun but difficult to design on your own
2. Hand stitching is way over rated and it takes forever (we are talking years)
3. Its okay to break out the sewing machine even if you are halfway done.
4. Use a ruler...oops
5. Finish while they are still a baby not a toddler, maybe she will use it for her baby dolls soon.
6. Finish it before you want to start another one or one for your next child.

Next week we are finding out if we are having a boy or girl and I would love to start a quilt for this next baby (since it takes me so long). I realized I should probably finish Rhylan's first!

HERE IT IS. I finished it today, and Rhylan seems to like it. I am trying to use a little Canadian and American theme to these quilts, since we are half and half over here!



8 comments:

Chris and Sue Knight said...

it turned out really really cute. good job. Love the colors.

Lant Family said...

Very cute quilt--I like the colors.

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

It looks so fluffy! Good job!

Julie said...

that quilt is amazing!! You are talented!! My mom had to help me make a rag blanket for Boston because I am so not talented at all in that area...lol

Colette said...

Amazing quilt...love the canadian touch! You've got talent girl!

Rachel said...

That is so awesome that you made a quilt! I'm really impressed!

Angi Gerrie said...

So cute! I know about the half and half stuff- we have a blanket with a map of the US and Canada... guess who picked it?

Kelli Albaugh said...

What an awesome quilt! No wonder it took a while to finish--I probably would have just given up and never finished it. Good job!

who's checking