Thursday, April 16, 2009

4 years ago today!!!

Four years ago today Riley purposed!!! It was such a special night. It wasn't a total surprise, we had talked about getting married on April 6, set a date, called and made a reservation at the temple, gone ring shopping, and told our families. So... Yeah I knew it was coming. But he tried his best to make it as special and romantic as possible--IT WAS.

He picked me up after a final--well I got a C in that class! And took me to one of our favorite spots to be alone, Rock Canyon Park. He acted like it was just another walk. He had come earlier and left notes around the park with little gifts to represent our dating life. It was so creative. For example there was ace bandage with a note telling me to protect my beautiful skin from bruising. We usually had so much fun on our dates that I ended up with a bruise because I--not him-- was a little careless. Example: We went to my first BYU basket ball game, we were getting really into it and we all jumped up to cheer and my leg got caught under the bleacher!!! Ouch, the bruise was 3 in in diameter and lasted almost a whole month.

Anyways, after about 4 notes like these he took me to "our" bench. If you have never been there it is really a pretty sight. We could see almost the whole town of Provo below backed by Utah lake, the temple is just off to the side with a beautiful view of angel Moroni and it was the first pretty sunset I had ever seen while living in Utah. I guess I kept talking and wouldn't let him "get on with it" so eventually he had to make me stop talking. He got on one knee and told me he loved me and asked if I would marry him. I said " of course I will" right away and gave him a big hug, and kiss. --Thanks Riley, that still is one of the happiest memories I have, love you!!

We spent the next week and a half together in Arizona and then he had to go home to Canada for the summer:( It was really hard and sad but I was able to visit him twice and we used a lot of phone cards.

So here are some pictures of us back then!!! I think we look so young.

Still in Utah--Just after the BIG night. We are up at the Y.

In Alberta Canada while I came to visit.
In Arizona, just spending time together--Salt River Canyon.
Woodland Lake--This is at the only park in my home town.

5 comments:

Julie said...

how fun!! you two are sooo cute!! oh so there is a Canadian hockey store in the mall and we went in there the other day because my hubby told me I had to try the smarties - I was like I know what smarties are and he was like um no you don't. (He has LOTS of Canadian mission companions) So he bought me some and they were soo YUMMY!! and so are Kinder Eggs - I totally thought of you guys!! (even though I don't know your hubby - just from you blog - lol)

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

You guys do look so young. I love those pics!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

hey look i CAN comment on something that isn't a Rhylan picture! Oh and I like the pregnant belly on the side!

Rachel said...

I agree with Tiff, cute belly! This month marks 5 years for us since Ty proposed. Crazy how the time flies! Anyways, I'm due June 16th and my B-day is June 17th. I'm crossing my fingers that the baby doesn't come on my birthday. We'll just have to wait and see!

Pierce Family said...

I caught a fish in this lake with my nephew's Scooby-Doo fishing pole! Small world!

who's checking