Monday, April 20, 2009

Reading time



I have started putting this reading time into our daily routine! Every day between lunch and nap time Rhylan and I sit/lay down in front of her book shelf and read. She even goes to grab us each a couch pillow before we settle down. This has been great. It took several days and it still isn't perfect but, it is nice that she is catching on. I always read my scriptures and she browses through books. Once she starts getting tired of this, I let her pick a book or two for me to read her and then it is nap time. The other day I got 4 pages in before I had to stop!!

This is something I have struggled with a lot since Rhylan came around. But now that I have found the set time that works for both of us I have been doing so much better at reading my scriptures daily. Yeah!!!

6 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Good for you. You are a great example. You are so busy and have no time for you, and yet you try to read your scriptures!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

Good job savannah...I have been terrible at reading my scriptures...something's gotta change. Rachel and I missed you this weekend. Hopefully we can ALL get together soon...especially after we all have babies the same age!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I Love Books! Reading is so good for all of us. Happy to know Rhylan has her own book shelf. She is the cutiest!! MOM

Cleona said...

I love this idea and I am going to try it. Thanks.

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I loved the 4 yr anniversay pictures.
I love Riley and how happy he makes you. Being engaged is such a thrilling time, butterflies in your stomach and a smile on your face 24/7. mom

Luna said...

It can be really hard to get enough time to read the scriptures when you have little ones. WTG on 4 pages. That is a long time for her to entertain herself.

who's checking