Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Nesting"

Well the other day I went a little crazy. I spent hours getting stuff ready for our new little baby to come. My washing machine had quite the workout! I took all the covers off things like the swing, bouncy seat, boppy, car seat and washed them all! I packed my bag, made a few list of thing to remember in time of stress...labor, sterilized binkies. And did a few projects around the house. Whew... I didn't even stop for a nap. And with a little Tylenol PM I had a great nights sleep! Of course my ankles are still a little swollen and haven't gone down but hey, I am 39 weeks preg and I am just starting to get swollen I think that is pretty lucky.

Rhylan spent at least an hour in the empty baby car seat (while I washed the cover). She even ate her lunch in there! I am serious. She wanted to be in there with a blanket over the top. I handed her a PB and J sandwich through the blanket.

I made these funny little things. I saw them on a blog a couple of weeks ago and thought they were too cute and a little funny. I had scrap material and an hour to spare. They are called "pee-pee tee-pees." If you can't guess what they are for...ask your mom:) A friend of Riley's saw this little sweater at the store and told his wife that they needed to get it for Riley's little boy. Riley loved it. He asked if the baby could be blessed in it! Thank goodness it is a winter sweater and size 3-6 months so I had a good excuse! But I think it is SOOOO cute.

On a side note. Rhylan drew a picture of Riley! Too bad it was on the Magna-doodle so I can't save it! He has a head, hair, eyes, mouth, and arms and legs. What a smarty pants.

8 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I am not gonna lie, I almost had to ask my mom! But then I just looked it up online and now it makes perfect sense! Someone out there is a genius.

Lant Family said...

I think it is funny you actually made the pee pee tent, you will have to let me know how you like them :) I have been peed on several times!!I am so glad Riley loves the sweater--I am sure your little boy will look so cute in it :)

Lant Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany H said...

That was a lot to get done! Way to go!

Susan said...

So right after everyone left I saw my camera sitting there unused and I could kick myself for not taking pictures!!! ARRG! So make sure you at least get a picture of Margaret's cute diaper cake, since I dropped the ball big time on that one!

Josh and Kelly said...

Ha ha the pee pee tee pees made me laugh, we were gifted some. They didn't actually work the greatest, but I did learn real fast that when you put on the diaper, to make sure and tuck his little man part so it was pointing down. Before that we would go through like 10 outfits a day because he would pee through all his clothes. A little too much detail, maybe, but I wish someone would have told me that when he was born!

Josh and Kelly said...

Ha ha the pee pee tee pees made me laugh, we were gifted some. They didn't actually work the greatest, but I did learn real fast that when you put on the diaper, to make sure and tuck his little man part so it was pointing down. Before that we would go through like 10 outfits a day because he would pee through all his clothes. A little too much detail, maybe, but I wish someone would have told me that when he was born!

Heidi Joncas said...

Pee Pee Tee Pee. Those made me laugh. But really they are a good idea. You are so nesting! Hopefully he will come soon.

who's checking