Monday, November 1, 2010

More Halloween crafts

During the last few days before Halloween, we squeezed in as many Halloween crafts as we could. Rhylan actually asked to stop doing crafts yesterday, she said "I just wanna play." Here's what we did:

1. Haunted house. I made a bunch of blocks or pieces to put together to make a haunted house however you wanted... over an over again. I used felt and flannel board instead of magnets. We both had fun designing our haunted houses.





2. X is for x-ray: This is the first time I have let Rhylan use scissors, she is a natural. Then she decided to write her name with lower case letters. That was a first too:)

3. Sticker math: I love stickers but I hate to see them go to waste. I don't want Rhylan to spend 10 min putting stickers on a paper and then just end up throwing it away. So I came up with this idea. Granny Sue sent some fun Halloween stickers in the mail. I make this "graph" and put 1 sticker in the top of each square. Then Rhylan had to peal off the stickers and find the right box to put them in. After she found all the matches, she counted the number of stickers of each kind and wrote down the number in the circle.

4. P is for pumpkin: Rhylan's favorite thing is painting. So after this craft I drew a haunted house for her to free paint.

1 comment:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Wow! 3 great posts! I love Dr. Gracin, and the queen bee ;) Can't wait to see you guys TOMORROW!! Whoot!

who's checking