Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The rest of Tiff's visit

Monday we took Gracin to the ER at 2:30 in the morning for another febrile seizure. (Thank goodness Tiff was here so we didn't have to take Rhylan.) He didn't have a fever before bed but had been cranky for 2-3 days and didn't have much of an appetite. After a chest x-ray, blood work, and urine sample, they said... every thing is fine, he must have a virus. He had a fever the rest of the day but it was over about 10:00pm. This was just so weird. Two weeks ago Rhylan's fever spiked to 104* for 3 days. With the same tests, they had the same conclusion... a virus. I hate that they can't really give me any answers for why they get fevers like this. It sure make me stress out because they may have a "common" febrile seizure. They are sure it was a febrile seizure not anything more serious like a seizure disorder. It is just the scariest thing in the world to me. --Thank goodness for "Cars." we watched it 3 times in the ER.
--Pics from the rest of their visit--
It is sort of tradition of my sisters and I to take goofy pics of our selves...my camera didn't really work so well for that. I only got half of our faces in the picture:)

Rhylan taught Jude some dance moves.
We made DELICIOUS cookies...
Rhylan asked to hold Jude all the time. Tiff was so nice to always let her. Of course you can tell, he didn't object.

Jude was so happy the whole time he was here.

Other things we did:

*She took our family pictures.
*Ate at Corkys--She loved it. I am sure people thought we were crazy to have 3 kids, two in high chairs
*Went shopping at Once Upon A Child (a great used clothes store for kids)
*Went on an exciting mouse hunt!
*Played Wii, Tiff is a pretty good at Kung fu
* Had a game night with yummy snacks
*Pet store visit
*TOOK A TON OF PICS OF JUDE...CHECK HERE TO SEE THEM
*But mostly talked and hung out.

--It had been almost 1 year since we have been together. It sure is hard not knowing when I will see family again.

6 comments:

Luna said...

Man... I hate it when you don't really get an answer! So annoying. I hope whatever it is stays away forever.

Chris and Sue Knight said...

wow more fun... i love the one of tiffany and jude. i might need that one too.

Brittany H said...

I'm so glad you got to see your sis. Sorry about the seizure. It is so frustrating that it can happen again. And yes, it is so hard to not know when you will see your family again. I hope you see them again SOON!

R and A Lambert said...

So sorry to hear about Gracin. I hope it never happens again!

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun w/ your sister. Glad she was still there to help you out!

Andrew and Heather said...

That is so frustrating to come out with no answers of why it is happening besides a virus! Looks like you and your sister had a great time! Makes me excited for my sisters to come in two weeks!

Carly said...

bahaha! thats funny that it only got half of your faces :) i'm so jealous that she got to go and see you. Miss you both many much. <3

who's checking