Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"clean" mud

Last week we tried another sensory table idea. This is one my sister said she thought was really great. WE ARE NEVER DOING IT AGAIN!! The word "clean" is not the right word, I am sure real mud would have been much easier to clean up. I was cleaned up the mess for hours, and into the next day!!--However the kids had a lot of fun.

First you have to tare up a roll of tissue paper. Rhylan thought it was funny that I was actually letting her do this. Gracin kept taking our hard work and throwing it on the ground and at Rhylan. It was pretty funny. After each throw he would laugh really hard at himself. Around our house we call him THE DESTROYER. I'll post more about that later but I'm sure you can guess why. I had to finally put him in his high chair to add the soap and water to the mix because he couldn't help but throw toilet paper on the floor.

At first Rhylan didn't want to touch the mud, she eventually did but wasn't really into it. Gracin loved squishing it, filling cups, and throwing it all over the kitchen. I tried to stop him but that is impossible, the Destroyer must destroy!! Also, I hated stopping him having so much fun, what else was he supposed to do? But I didn't really think about how I would clean this up. Oh and Gracin rubbed his eyes and mouth... with soapy TP!! That ended the fun real quick.








The ground was getting really slippery so I lined it with towels. Bad idea, I had to shake the towels rid of the soggy TP so it wouldn't end up in the washer. I thought I could get a wet rag and just wipe up the mess, wrong. The TP was mixed with soap shavings and so it was sticky and soapy. It would not just wipe up. Wet TP is kind of invisible, the next day I found pieces of dried soapy TP on every surface of the kitchen (walls, doors, windows, highchair, table, floor, cabinets, clothes, towels) And the sensory table itself was so sticky and hard to clean. I couldn't put the mess down the sink!! Oh I hated cleaning up this mess. As I said, we are never going to do it again.

7 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

hehehe. Sorry I TOLD you it was super messy! I hope the kids had a lot of fun with it though. Yeah seeing as I was the aide in my class I had to clean it up there too, it was lame.

Brittany H said...

Oh Savannah!! What a mess!! I'm sorry you had such a mess to clean up, but I bet your kids had fun. You are one awesome mommy!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

what we do to let our children have some fun...well not me,, but you have. haha you are a good mom..
mom

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

OK one more thing. Gracin looks so stinking cute in that apron!

Rachel said...

Welcome back! I hate it when doing something fun with the kids backfires on me. At least THEY had fun. And yes, you are a good mom.

The Sullengers said...

See if Hudson were being messy, I would stop it - so good job on being the patient mommy to let your kids have fun!

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

That is a monster mess!!! Sad for you!

who's checking