Friday, April 22, 2011

Senior Send off


On Saturday Riley's class had a Senior Send off dinner. Starting in the middle of May they start their rotations on externships around the country. This is the last time they will all be together before graduation. We are staying here in Memphis for the first rotation but then we are moving to AZ in August and UT in January! Some exciting times are coming our way.

We had a really fun time visiting with friends, eating a great meal, watching a slide show, and most of all going on a fancy date. We actually had a teenage girl put our kids to bed for us. That worked out great. I didn't have a dress to wear to the dinner so I made this one. I loved having an excuse to make myself a dress. I loved the material and I think I may make more dresses with this pattern. I didn't have time to design sleeves to attach to the dress, hopefully I can for the next time I use it.

6 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I was going to comment on your dress before reading that you made it. And now I am going to comment more on it. It is so cute! And great job you are the best sewer bahahaha! so you sew well and you smell like poo!

The Sullengers said...

I can't believe you made that dress! Awesome!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

it really is a great dress...Riley, so exciting that you on your way..We are really happy and proud of your hard work. mom knight

Brittany H said...

I think your dress looked FABULOUS! You looked so springy! (Is that even a word?)

Jen Ketcher said...

Wow, great job on the dress! It looks really cute.

Margaret Pratt said...

I love your dress Savannah! Good work!

who's checking