Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend hike

Saturday was a beautiful day. We were supposed to have Riley's family here this weekend but they weren't able to come after all. We still wanted to have a fun day, so I decided we needed to go on a hike before the weather was too hot. My friend Kate told me about a hike they did by Lake Arkubutla. We headed there.

It was so green and just amazing. The kids did really well on the hike too. I'm not sure how far we went but we walked for about an hour I think. Gracin's little legs were getting tired near the end and he got a shoulder ride for a while. This is something I did a lot growing up and I want this to be something my kids remember too. (Not this specific hike, but that we went out and did stuff as a family like hiking, camping, etc.)





Riley and Rhylan climbed a vine! Its like a jungle here.





Rhylan is loading her pocket with rocks for her "collection."
She was the leader most of the time.



Loved the swampy area! You don't see that in Arizona.
Here is some strange bark!

Just beautiful...


3 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

What fun! I agree that we had great times outdoors while growing up. I also want to do that with my family. Can't wait for camping later this year!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

wow, that is a beautiful hike..glad you remember some good times in our camping days. we sure miss camping with you kids. These pics are really cool. Gracin walks like he's all grown up. didn't know Rhyland has a rock collection, I might have to add to it.. i've got some pretty cool rocks. mom

Margaret Pratt said...

What a pretty hike! It is SO green!

who's checking