Friday, September 10, 2010

Preschool--Butterflies

Art: She made butterflies out of tissues and band aids. This was great for fine motor, she opened the band aids all by herself. She decorated tissues and added antennae with markers. This turned out SOOOOO cute! we have little Dora and Abby butterflies.
Science: We looked at books and magazines to learn about he butterfly life cycle. I printed out some clip art. Rhylan colored each with markers, and glued them on the paper in the right order!!! I was so proud, she remembered the life cycle. After she finished the page I asked her to tell me about it these are her words "First it the eggs. Caterpillar comes out. It turn into cocoon, Butterfly come out!" ( I know, I taught her the wrong word, it should say pupa instead of cocoon oh well.) Then we used markers to color some pretty butterflies.
Math: I put a paper in the bottom of each cup with some of the letters we have been learning in preschool. Then she sorted the letter beads in the right cups. Then she counted all the letters she sorted. We found they all had 6 letters!--We will bring back this one with different letters--she had a lot of fun. I even caught her spelling out her name (bottom left.)

Language: She practiced writing the letter B. It took several tries but she finally make a butterfly out of 2 B's back to back. Then she dripped pain onto the wings. We talked about how a butterfly wings always match. So, we folded it in half an opened it up for a perfect butterfly!
Here she is studying about butterflies, caterpillars and their life cycles. We found this neat story about a photographer that took 24 years to collect the alphabet and 1-9 on butterfly wings!

2 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Love them all as always, but I have a favorite project. I love the band aid butterflies. Are you kidding me they are so awesome! Did you think of that? And what the heck? Are those letters and numbers really on real butterflies?

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Tiff--No i found the idea on the internet! But isn't it the cutest?!! And yes those are real pics, that is why it took the guy 24 years to do...I would have given up for sure...that would have been like me working on the same project since I was 2!!!

who's checking