Friday, June 17, 2011

Blackberries




It's easy, Gracin even knew just what to do:
Step 1: Find an all black berry.
Step 2: Pull it until it comes off. Have your mouth ready for the next step.
Step 3: Put in right in your mouth and enjoy!--Who cares about dirt and bugs it's all good.



Love these shades on her-

Gracin was so red, dirty, sticky, and hot when we were finished.

Last Saturday, Riley wanted to plan a family outing. He wanted to go picking berries. There are several places around here, we chose one down in Hernando. The weather was hot after a while, but we all had fun! We picked 4 baskets of berries. Our baskets never seemed to fill up when Gracin was holding it for us, he was eating them faster than we could pick them. We rode a hay ride out to the berry patch and just picked to our hearts content. Rhylan was so good at picking berries. She would carefully inspect each berry before she picked, to make sure it was ripe: "nope this one still has red on it." For dinner that night we had french toast with fresh blackberries on top--yum!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum!!! Nothing is better than fresh berries! I really wish they grew here, but hopefully my dad's blackberry bush will do well this year.

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

What a fun activity! That's so cute. I love that Gracin was eating them like crazy!

Brittany H said...

Mmmm, yummy. I love blackberries. What a good idea!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

That little town Hernando that we drove through with you last month was so cool . I bet you had so much fun. Great pictures, I can see the sweat on Rhylan's little face in one of them! love, dad

The Sullengers said...

I love going produce picking - I'm sad we are going to miss peaches this year - that is my favorite!

who's checking