Monday, October 13, 2008

Canadian Thanksgiving... and Halloween fun!

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving (and Columbus day). If you didn't already know, Riley is Canadian. We aren't celebrating much, Riley is in school and I don't know how to make a turkey dinner, maybe we could have turkey sandwiches.

Today I decided to get out all my fall decorations for the season...I had 4 paper pumpkins you tape to a window... And that is it.

I really thought I had more but I guess they were thrown out during our move. So I remembered when we were little my mom always helped us make our own decorations for the house. Rhylan and I tried this. It was a great success. I cut out these little black bats and found these Halloween stickers and some bug stickers.

BEFORE

Here you can see she is really concentrating on this project.
Sometimes she got frustrated because the stickers stuck to her fingers not the paper. I descover that this little coffee table is perfect height for her to do things like this.
AFTER!!!
I hung them from our light in the dinning area. She really likes to look at them. She is even trying to say Bat!

4 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Oh that is way cute!! I love them. Good job Rhylan and what a good mommy you have. And HAPPY THANKSGIVING RIGUY.

Lant Family said...

My friend just did the same thing--she used black foam and little eyes. What a cute idea!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I'm so glad you remember the things we did when you were young. In snowflake you kids made black bats and decorated them and we hung them over the dinning table on the light.
She is doing so well and learning. She is just like you in so many ways.
You are a really good mommy. Mom

Chris and Sue Knight said...

Riley, Happy Thanksgiving. And congrats to all your great test scores. Good Job. Mommy Sue

who's checking