Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One year from now...



This month my Uncle Bill is leaving for Iraq. He will be there for the one full year. That is really hard to believe. He has a wife and three little kids at home and they will be a long way from him for too long.

I don't think many of us understand the sacrifices our service men and women and their families make. It really starts to hit home once your family is affected. I know I still don't have a clue, but having a family member getting ready to leave has made me think and pray.

We just wanted their family to know that we love them and are here to support them. We are so proud to have Bill in our family. I just want Uncle Bill to know that we are fasting and praying for his safety, for the safety of his family at home, and for all of their happiness in this hard year to come. We love you and we are thankful for what you do. We will miss you while you are gone.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

All of us here are thankful for your uncle's service too. You are so crafty it amazes me! Can you fly to Az and decorate my house sometime?!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

You are much more eloquent than I am, therefore, I stole this! (I hope we are still friends)

Susan said...

I think it's hard for people to really understand unless it's affected them somehow. I come from a military family and know how hard it is to be without a Dad for months at a time! I don't envy your Aunt right now.

Lant Family said...

Good luck to them and their family!

Hasegawa Crew said...

Savannah,

Thank you so much for your beautiful thoughts and prayers. It will be a very challenging year but I know that I have the support of a wonderful family and also the Lord is on my side. I love you guys very much and Uncle Bill also sends all of his love and thanks to you. You take care and I love looking at your little one she is absolutely adorable.

who's checking