Thursday, October 23, 2008

I took the challenge

So for Rhylan's age she should eat 2-3 servings of Veggies a day. She east a grand total of 0 serving a day. I can't get her to touch much more than bread, chicken nuggets, and goldfish crackers. I have been looking online for ideas and picking my friends brains. Several people have mentioned this book:
So I checked it out from the library and wanted to try it out. For you who are unfamiliar with this book, it is a recipe book. The recipes have vegetable and fruit purees hidden in the food!

Here are some of the veggies I pureed and froze to use in the recipes. (sweet potato and Butternut squash)

Here was the real test. This grilled cheese sandwich has sweet potato puree in it..........and she loves it!

This delicious applesauce muffin also has oats and butternut squash, and it passed my toughest critic! Even Riley said "these are so good, can I have another one?" I still have a bunch of recipes I am excited to try! If this keeps working for our family I might have to ask for a food processor for Christmas. Try it out, check it out from your library!

9 comments:

Hasegawa Crew said...

Savannah,

I also have a friend who swears by this book and she has a family of eight. I might have to try it as Breighanna only likes certain veggies. I'm so excited that it is working for you.

Janda said...

So awesome, Im so glad she liked the food. Ive heard about this book and always wondered if it was any good. Keep us updated on your favorite recipes.

Lant Family said...

I saw that book at Marshalls last night and totally thought of you. I have a couple of her things from when she was on the oprah show. I have a good friend who cooks several things from that book and just things she has tried and they have worked. She loves it and so does her family

Pierce Family said...

WOW! I totally have this book but have been to chicken to try it... you have just inspired me to whip it out and see if I can trick Eric... =) Thanks!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

Thats pretty sneaky stuff. Good Job.
I can't believe she's holding a sandwich, she's growing so much.

Susan said...

I've heard lots of good things about this book. I've never thought to look for it at the library though! I must just have to do that!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

SAVANNAH nesecito nuevo photos porfavor

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

NECESITO NUEVAS FOTOS POR FAVOR
(I NEED NEW PICTURES PLEASE)

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I TRIED TO LEAVE 2 COMMENTS AND THEY ARE NOT WORKING!!!
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

who's checking