Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So I have just moved to Mississippi, this seems the story of my life since I left home. I move all the time. I was really sick of my home being so temporary. I decided that I needed to make this my home and be happy. Living on a student loan budget doesn't leave much room for extras so I decided to decorate the old fashioned way---make it yourself! These pictures are mostly for my family to see my projects but you can also enjoy these cheap decorating ideas. (feel free us use any of my ideas...most of them I got from someone else anyway!)

Here is a curtain in my bedroom make from a twin sheet!

These boxes are old shoe boxes covered in paper. And I also made that cute photo holder. (you might have to zoom in to see that)


I got those old frames from a thrift store and spray painted them black. Then I used stencils to paint the letters on the glass.

These are wood art in Rhylan's bathroom.
These are curtains I made for the living room with a twin sheet!
Here is my dinning table center piece. That vase is really a bathroom cup!
Here are some wood art for Rhylans's bedroom.
Here is a coat hanger for Rhylans room.

6 comments:

Susan said...

What cute stuff! I really like your "family" frames!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I'm so proud of you, using your imagination and frugelness. I love it all. mom

Lant Family said...

Great job--your curtains look great. I love the dark brown in your bedroom. I love the word things in the bathroom and in Rhylans room.

Pierce Family said...

WOW... you sure are crafty! I love all of your decorations... I may even have to ATTEMPT to make me some curtains... (if I get brave)

Heidi Joncas said...

I like the sheets as curtains. I actually when to Target and saw the darned cutest sheet and now I really want to make new curtains out of them.

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

It all looks really great! You have been making the most of nap time! Thanks for sharing the ideas!

who's checking