Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Potty train your child in 1 (ehhem 150) day!!!







Well Rhylan is finally potty trained. We started way back in the middle of November!! So if I were you, I would not take any of this as advice:)

I was pretty sure I waited until she was ready at 2.5 yrs. she showed most of the signs. She had a lot of interest. But after two + months of changing poopy panties, mad/mean mommy, and confused Rhylan we quit at the beginning of January. That week we quit, was wonderful!! We were all happy again. And, dirty diapers didn't seem as bad as dirty underwear, yikes!

Then we started again mid-February. Again, I was getting frustrated but not as bad as before (a lot of prayers helped me). We tried a new potty treat, and that seemed to work for a while. But she started to have poopy pants again. Then it turned into every day!!!! So drastic times call for drastic measures! We resorted to expensive gifts:0)

IT WORKED. Rhylan is pictured with her princess dress, two princess barbies, and Dora movie that saved us all. The sticker charts gradually got longer for each gift. And I am proud to say that we have stopped giving stickers for about a week now and for about 1.5 weeks we have only had one accident. (Last night) The only time I tell Rhylan to go potty is right before we leave the house and right before bed. She goes all by herself every other time!! She can even hold it for a little bit in emergency situations.

When I asked Rhylan where she had put her hat she pointed to the hook!
Me: "Did you put that up there?"
R: "Yeah"
Me: "HOW?"
R: "I climbed up my bed!"

Her monkey skills are getting better (worse!) every day:)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I sooo cannot wait until Luke gets to that point! I literally picked up 4 little pieces of poop at four different times today off of our floor! Tomorrow morning I'll be off to Wal-Mart to buy the supplies to make a sticker chart and some expensive gifts! Wish me luck!

Lant Family said...

Well atleast it is over! I am glad she got the hang of it! She just has expensive taste :)

Chris and Sue Knight said...

Actually, the incentive items really looked like "need to have and can't live without items". We all need incentives, and we all know what that is, Mine is a paycheck and chocolate,. Rhylans is toys. Great job Rhylan.

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Wohoo!! Go Rhylan! And congrats Savannah on not going crazy in the process!

I seriously can't believe she got that hat up there! She must have climbed her bed then jumped!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

oh yeah. Also, did she get a new hair (or bangs) cut? Super cute!

Cleona said...

Oh the dreaded potty training. My oldest did it easy but Ransom was so hard. I like the incectives. I will try that next time. You have to blog about it so that we can all see how it works out.

Chasing Izzy said...

Congratulations! That is such a relief, isn't it. We have the same potty (lovingly called froggy potty). He is a beloved member of this household now.

who's checking