Monday, May 23, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Over the break we had a party for Cinco de Mayo. We did one of my family traditions, Heartburn Hascienda!!


What's that? Well I'll tell ya. First you plan a fun Mexican dinner, then you make code names for everything... even your napkin and silverware (see last picture for our menu).

Then each person picks three things off the secret menu for their appetizer, three things for your main course and three things for you dessert and you write it down on your card. So eventually everybody will get everything but you may not get it when you want it!! For example, you may get some rice but no fork to eat it with right away. I got ice cream a napkin and salsa... for my appetizer!! Riley got chips, a drink, and salsa!! --Lucky guesses:)

Anyways we had a lot of fun, and some delicious food... green chili pork chimichangas, homemade salsa, Spanish rice, black beans, and homemade ice cream--made by Brittany and Darren.

1 comment:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Fun tradition to carry on.....I might copy you next year! The decorations are so cute and so doable! I will probably copy them as well! I am so glad that you got the saint candles! Good memories!

who's checking