Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gatlinburg--The Cabin

For our last week off here in the south we decided to go to the Smoky Mountains. Actually Riley surprised me! He researched it and paid for the cabin all without me knowing. One day he showed me a brochure for a cabin in the Smokies and told me we were going there! I thought that was so sweet. I actually LOVE being surprised. I will never peek at my presents even thought I know exactly where they are...

So we headed to Eastern Tennessee for 5 days. Our cabin was right in the forest. It was perfect. It had 2 floors, so the kids slept downstairs. It had a Jacuzzi tub and a hot tub out on the porch. It had a kitchen so we cooked a lot of our meals. It was just so fun. We told Rhylan we were camping:) Riley got a good deal! We booked it on off nights (Sunday- Thursday) so it turned out to only by $70 a night.

The kids took a bath in this "pool" every night. Seriously they thought it was the best.--So did I, ahhh!


View from the main room, we got to wake up every morning to a beautiful sunrise! The back was facing the forest so it was nice to have no curtins and let the sun come in.

One of two balconies we had.



The weather was perfect while we were there, it was supposed to rain but it never really did even if it was cloudy sometimes. It was one of our funnest vacations. We were able to do a lot of fun stuff-- more to come!

5 comments:

Brittany H said...

I'm so happy you got to go. It looks like a wonderful vacation! I hope we get to go sometime!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Oh I am so jealous! It looks so great. I love the picture of the "pool" where Gracin has his magnifying glass! Does he carry it around everywhere?

The Sullengers said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go and it looks like we won't make it! Oh well...glad you had fun!

Susan said...

Wow, that cabin is so pretty! What great memories!

Luna said...

We should have had dinner together one of the nights.... we weren't that far away! Your cabin looked lovely!

who's checking