Friday, May 6, 2011

meet Tree

Here is Tree the red eyed tree frog. Rhylan named her. Trust me this name is the best she came up with. At least this is the one I could pronounce!!!

We went to a reptile show last weekend. We knew before we went that we were going to bring one of these home. Rhylan was excited for a few weeks.

Now you know why they are called red eyed tree frogs...
The Frog loves her new home... just not her new neighbor. Collint wasn't very welcoming. She was very interested in the new frog and wanted to give it a hug I'm sure. We had to put up a flattened cereal box between their homes to reduce some stress.

See frog on left, Lizard on right... notice the lizard staring over her shoulder at Tree...



Riley made this sweet home for her and had it all ready for the big day. This is pretty impressive, it used to be a regular aquarium, but he turned it sideways and made a front for it! I'm impressed. He has live plans growing, dirt and wood build into the background, and a layered bottom to reduce rot. (The cover is off for the pictures... yes there is a cover/door!!!!)

4 comments:

Chris and Sue Knight said...

wow, quite the habitat..really cool with the live plants..

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Collint is probably so jealous of the live plants! He is probably threatening to steal Tree's plants! Cool pets!

Pierce Family said...

I think Rhylan picked out an excellent name!

Rachel said...

How fun! When my parents let me name our puppy when I was Rhylan's age, I named him Snibbets. I think Tree is an excellent name! That frog eye pic is pretty cool! Tell Riley that he did an awesome job on the habitat!

who's checking