Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ready to go

I had been saving up for a bike trailer the last few weeks with my etsy money. I found a really nice one with great reviews and pretty good price--$120. The cheapest I could find was at Wal-mart for $79 but I decided I wanted one a little nicer. So I was set to order it.

Then one day we saw this trailer in Target for $24!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!! I figured saving $100 sounded better than a really nice trailer... so I got a really nice bike instead:) I got the $200 bike instead of the $100 bike (Mother's day and Easter present)

Gracin did not like his helmet that first time(see picture.) But as soon as I started pulling them, he was content. Even this morning, he was happy to put his helmet on because he knew a fun bike ride was involved.

My legs are sore from my short ride yesterday! This could work. I think pulling 70 lbs behind me is going to do some major good to my saddle bags, or at least that is the plan. We are waking up eating breakfast and then rolling out before it gets hot. The kids even get to wear their pj's! I am so excited, I think this is something that will make us all happy.

One problem, I live on a hill. I never really noticed it until I had to peddle home after an exhausting ride yesterday... so much for a cool down. I have to peddle back up the hill every day when I am done!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

So fun! I wanted a bike with a trailor when Caroline was little, and now I want one again. How in the world did you get that trailor for $24?! Deals like that are so exciting!

who's checking