Sunday, October 10, 2010

Shrek or Frankenstein



My kids got ear tubes last week...

First of all, I hated it. The surgery went perfectly and everything was fine. They are recovering so well. Rhylan was good as new by the afternoon. I just hated them taking my babies away from me, and not being able to be with them or comfort them. I cried many many times, but I felt our winter would go better with these. Less ear infections = less fever, less fever = less chance for either of them to have another febrile seizure.

So... the Dr. said I needed to use ear plugs during bath time!!?? Um I couldn't find child size ones at Wal-Mart, and ended up with these babies. I laughed at Gracin I thought he looked like Frankenstein, but when Rhylan saw him she said "He looks like Shrek!!!" I think she has it right. They didn't even stay in for 5 min. I'll have to get some from their Dr.

5 comments:

The Sullengers said...

Hudson had tubes put in his ear and I used other ear plugs that the Dr. gave me for awhile and then they just didn't stay in as well and then when I went in for the checkup they said don't worry about wearing them as long you don't put their heads under water. So we just pour a cup of water over Hudson and clean out his ears right after with q-tips and he hasn't had any problems! Good luck! They also have child size putty like plugs at Walmart or Target that you can put in the ear - they worked really well for awhile and work well while they swim! I'll try to get the brand for you!

Luna said...

The silicone ear plugs might be a bit easier. That is what I used for Kiah over the summer. If you want, I can probably give you some to try out.

But honestly, I never use them for bath or shower. and only Kiah used them for swimming, because she wanted too.

I did a bit of research on it, and it seems as though it isn't as important as the doctors can make it seem, but it you feel more comfortable, do it!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Thanks ladies!!

Britney and Kevin said...

Oh, isn't that the worst! But I'm sure it will help them be better! I love the Halloween pics!

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

I am glad that everything went smoothly with their surgeries! I am sorry you were so sad, I would have cried with you! They look so cute with those green plugs in their ears! Gracin is looking so much older!

who's checking