Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas crafts and such

I helped the kids make these little snowmen that came in a kit. Rhylan did every part herself. Gluing, choosing the pieces to add etc. I never touched or helped her once. Here is how they turned out! She is so crafty.
These are Gracin's, this was his first time gluing. He thought it was a lot of fun and even wanted to be in charge of the glue bottle (I closed the lid.)
Sock puppets. We make them together. We have had a few puppet shows since.

Rudolf is her favorite.

I made this dress up snowman out of felt. This is probably the only time she dressed him up the "right" way. She loves making goofy snowman for me.
And of course Christmas cookies... in reverse order.

Rhylan helped me with every single step. She even sat and decorated all these cookies with me. While we were waiting those two hours for them too set in the fridge. Said "Oh boy!! I'm so excited about this!!!" I thought it was so cute. And after we had decorated every single cookie. Said, "that was fun! Its time for me to go play now."


A few more Christmas projects in the back ground. T is for tree, C is for candy cane, Rudolf the girl reindeer (hand and foot print), and W is for winter. (And just in case you zoom in...I know there is a d in candy, I guess I was thinking about how Rhylan says cany instead of candy)
Rolling it out. I just saw this idea, rolling it in between two pieces of wax paper is SOOOO much easier.
Loving the batter and frosting! I had one too:)

4 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

It would be so fun to be your kid. I can't wait until Jude is old enough to care about and enjoy holidays! Cute crafts.

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I really love the sock puppets by the way. Oh and Rudolph looks like he is wearing glasses because the seam looks like glasses frames! hehehehe!

Carly said...

I love Rhylans blue snowman, its my fav. :D ha and Gracins are so good too! I Love the second sock puppet picture ha her face is the best! and i also love her little face in the "cany cane" picture :) ha i cant get over how many different faces she makes, it makes me happy!

Margaret Pratt said...

Lots of fun Christmas activities going on over there! Wish we could swing on by! I love the snowman idea! We are going to have to tuck that one away for next year!

who's checking