Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Dress

We decided it would be a perfect day for a Christmas dress photo shoot. I was going to have the Christmas tree in these photos...but when I tried to move it...I broke it!!!! Yep our Christmas tree is broken. It is a 15 year old hand-me-down tree from my parents. I guess we'll have to get a new one this weekend. We can't go with out a Christmas tree.




I made this dress for Rhylan yesterday! It was really fun to make. I have never made anything quite so fancy before. The pattern called for a ton of material but I actually only used about half of it. So I am making me a skirt to match:) I was pretty excited about the 60% off deal they were having on fancy holiday material. So it only cost $9 for the material for her dress plus a skirt for me.

I love these pics of her. She has so much personality...I love 3 year olds:) She makes my life fun, crazy, hectic, filled with love, silly, and wonderful. She is getting so much better at obeying and being a "good girl." It's not a problem to take her anywhere. She is always in a good mood. Everyone who gets to know her just falls in love with her. I hope you all get a chance to know her. She's pretty awesome.

7 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

She is pretty awesome it's true! I keep showing Jude pictures of her. I don't know if he recognizes her but he smiles! That dress is amazing. It's so pretty I love it. You are such a great seamstress!

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I just saw your question on my blog. Heck yeah it is freezing here! We went to see the temple lights one night and thank goodness we got a baby sitter because Jude's nose probably would have fallen off it was so cold!

Watt Family said...

I can't believe you made that awesome dress! You are amazing!

Rachel said...

First, you need to teach me how to sew one of these days! The dress looks great! I never would have guessed that you made it if you didn't say so.
Second, love the pics. The set-up is awesome. Love the pop of red!

Carly said...

She is super awesome! :D I love these pictures she is so sweet and so cute! You did such a good job sewing that dress Sav. thats exciting that you had enough to make your own skirt! whoot machy-machertons!

The Sullengers said...

That is impressive! Good job!

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

Gorgeous dress! So cool that you could make it and a matching skirt! I love the red shoes that Rhylan is in!

who's checking