Monday, December 6, 2010

Riley's Birthday


Riley turned the big 92 years old Nov 27. I've been playing catch up on my blog lately:) As you can probably guess, the numbers said 29 when I put them on the cake, Riley fixed it. I surprised him this year by ordering a special German Chocolate Cake from one of my friends who is a pastry chef Here is her web site. We swapped photos for a cake! I was so excited to get this for him. During the day, he went to the library to study for a big test and in the afternoon we all went to the movies: Tangled. What a nice daddy:) Later I made his favorite dinner, perogies, we had cake and ice cream, and Riley finished off the night by playing his new Wii game, Jame Bond.

Also we got a package in the mail...CANADIAN CANDY!! Riley was so excited. He asked his brother to send us some of his favorite "chocolate bars" (I say candy bars, what do you say?) This is one thing he really misses from Canada. He says our chocolate doesn't even compare:) He has been sharing and I must say, they are very tasty.
One is called Kinder Surprise. It's a chocolate egg with a toy inside! These were pretty fun for Rhylan to open. Riley has many fond memories of these as a child.


7 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Wow Riley you look good for your old age! 92....you'll have to tell me your secret ;) Mauricio and I were so embarrassed that we forgot your birthday. I of course remembered on the 25 and 26, but 27 rolled around and I forgot. Looks like you had a fun day. We sure love and miss you.

Chris and Sue Knight said...

I know the secret of looking so good at 92,,, its chocolate... that stuff looks so good.. also sweet christmas tree hunting.. great tree.
the yard also looks so inviting. love ya mama sue

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Riley! I looked at your friends site, she is very talented! Just so you know, Kinder is German chocolate sold in Canada. It's not Canadian chocolate. Germany/Switzerland is where all good chocolate comes from. Anyways, I'm sure Canadian chocolate is better than American chocolate though. :)

Margaret Pratt said...

Happy Birthday Riley! Fun package! What a nice wife to make a special dinner and have a special cake made!

Carly said...

I SO remembered your birthday :) well i hope you got my message. Remember when we went to the crazy kanouck or..however you spell it..in utah! I think i tried a mint Areo bar. if i do recall corectly it was quite wonderful :)

R and A Lambert said...

Happy Bday Riley! I didn't realize you were so old!

My dad would always bring the Kinder eggs home from his trips to Germany. We loved them! The chocolate is the best ever.

Angi Gerrie said...

Chocolate bars are the freaking best! Maybe that is why we are still here...

who's checking