Saturday, December 4, 2010

Still using the water table

When my sister was here she gave me about 20 fun ideas to do with my water table! I guess it is now called a "sensory table." I just loved this idea. Here is how you do it:

Step 1: Go shopping for some supplies at the dollar store. (measuring cups, scoops, or shovel, silk flowers)
Step 2: Fill table with potting soil left over from your garden.
Step 3: Add some shovels or scoops
Step 4: Add little flower pots you have lying around.
Step 5: Toss in some silk flowers and tada!! They'll be gardening for hours.

I left the stuff in there and we went out and did it again a few days later. Rhylan planted and planted. She really loved this idea. Gracin tried but mostly he liked feeling the dirt in his hands, throwing it on the ground, and yep you guessed it...tasting it! I just thought he looked so cute in this little beanie. He looks more like a little boy and less like a baby every day:(








4 comments:

Carly said...

Rhylans hair looks so cute with that little head band :) ha and i LOVE the second to last picture of Gracin ha love that little face!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

what a fun idea, looks like there are having fun. Gracin is so handsome in red and blue. Rhylan always with a smile on her face. love you all. mom

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I was also going to mention the headband, so cute! I love that Gracin has soil on his mouth....so they don't grow out of that "probably goes in my mouth" stage any time soon huh? Fun pics of both little gardeners

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

Great idea! Rhlan looks adorable with her headband!

who's checking