Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One Year of Etsy!!

One year ago I opened my etsy shop!! This has been an exciting experience for me. Over the weekend I made my 100th sale, one day short of my shops 1 year birthday! I feel like throwing a party:) I have made close to $1500 dollars on Etsy.

Etsy helped me buy my camera, my lens, my portable DVD player, invest a little, pay unexpected bills (new tires etc.) I really think it is a great place to make a little extra money. I just wanted to let everyone out there who likes to make things know that this is available for you to earn some extra money for fun or to help your family. I first read about it in the Ensign, after doing a little work researching Etsy I started my shop. It really was easy.

People sell anything and everything. I found a Green Lantern (super hero) wallet for my brother for Christmas on there! People sell sewing patterns that they e-mail to you, or printable crafts, charts, the list goes on and on.

A few tips I have for anyone interested in trying this out!!
1. Sell things that are cheap to ship.
2. Post 5 pictures of each item. (maximum)
3. Use all you tags--that is the only way for buyers to find your items.
4. Have good customer service, and quick shipping so you can build up your positive feedback.
5. Get on their forums and ask questions--I learned a lot from that.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. And if you open a shop let me know!! I may just want to be your first sale:)

<--There is a link on the left hand side of my blog to my Etsy shop if you haven't noticed:)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats!!!!!

Andrew and Heather said...

Wow! That is awesome. I have contemplated the last few weeks maybe doing one we shall see!

who's checking