Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentines day

Sunday night we went to a group progressive dinner. I brought a dessert. I was excited to try a new recipe. This cake was as yummy as it was pretty. I think it was a big hit.

Then Rhylan had a little Valentines Tea party with 2 friends here at our house. They played dress up, made a Valentines sign, drank pink juice in tea cups, ate heart shaped sandwiches, and decorated their own heart cakes. Rhylan had a lot of fun celebrating with her friends. She really likes to have people come over and play.




After the party some beautiful flowers were delivered to my door!! I thought it was very thoughtful and made me really feel special.

Then after Riley got home from clinic at 7:30 we started our date. It was Riley's turn to plan our date, he really impressed me! He printed off 10 airline tickets that looked pretty authentic. We spent the evening traveling around the world. He had a fun activity or treat planned for each country. Example: Spain- Salsa dancing, Mexico-play Uno, Japan--CHERRY cheese cake, Sweden--Swedish massage (he printed of some instructions for specific types of Swedish massages.) I fell in love all over again. He put so much time and effort into making our date wonderful. I am so lucky to have such a perfect husband.

2 comments:

Margaret Pratt said...

Your cake is beautiful! Rhylan's playdate looked so fun! Good job Riley with creativity! Geesh, you two are super creative!

The Sullengers said...

By the way - that cake looks amazing! Next time we do it, I'll request you in our dessert group :)

who's checking