Saturday, February 12, 2011

Playing with snow the easy way!!

So we got a bunch of snow on Wednesday. It was pretty exciting, I don't think I've seen snow fall like that since I moved here. Like last snow storm, the kids don't have snow clothes to keep warm and dry out there. Also, I don't really care for snow at all!!!
So we did it the easy way this time. I scooped up a bunch of snow into the water table and brought it inside. The kids put on their mittens and played in it for an hour or more. Gracin and Rhylan liked making BIG snow balls and eating the snow. I got out scoops and sand toys. We tried to make a snow castle for our penguins and polar bear toys. After they were done I didn't have a ton of wet clothes laying in the kitchen just one wet blanket that I put in the washer! Ta-dah...easy. I thought Gracin was so cute, every time his mitten would fall off, he would bring it to me to put it back on. He even kept them on for a while after we were all done with the snow.







4 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

I love that Rhylan has a winter hat on too! Such a great idea! I also love the "oooh" picture of Rhylan. Gracin is such a cutie pie! I love the all the things he does in the previous post. I thought it was funny the way you listed the mischievous things that he does in the mix. Oh Mr. Destroyer you are too cute!

Brittany H said...

Brilliant!!!!

Rachel said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow. I didn't know it snowed that much there. I bet it was fun to play with it inside. Gracin is so cute. I can't wait til we can get our kids together again. I took some 18 month pictures of Grady back at the end of December. I haven't shown them to any one yet though, because I haven't felt up to it. I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I'm not super sick or anything, just a lack of desire to do anything. :)

Margaret Pratt said...

That is one smart way to play with snow!

who's checking