Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quarters fo Apple Jack

About 1.5 weeks after Rhylan's birthday she saw something new in Wal-mart that she thought she NEEDED!!! She said I want this for my birthday. I told her that her birthday was really far away and that maybe she could earn it. She really liked that idea. She had been saving money for a while now and when we counted her money, she already had enough. But I wanted this to be a lesson for her and for her to work hard for it. So I took out a few dollars worth of quarters. Then for each chore she did to help me, she got to put one of those quarters in the bank. Some days she would earn 3 or 4 and others none. It took her 20 days to earn enough money (put all the quarters back.)

Some chores she did were: unload the silverware from the dishwasher, set the table, clean her room with little or no help, take care of everybody's shoes that were piling up by the door, help hang up laundry, put away her own clean laundry, unload the dryer, clean the table, tidy the living room, clean her bedroom, do her morning chart, clean up/straighten the dvd's, vacuum, and I am sure other things I can't remember.

As soon as she earned the last quarter we dropped everything and got in the car with her money. As we were pulling out she said "THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!" I thought that was precious. We found Apple Jack right away and took her to the check out. Rhylan told the cashier all about how she did chores and got quarters for Apple Jack. She was so proud to pay with her own money and get her own receipt.

When we got home, she played and played with that toy for over an hour. She gets it out a few times a day and has a great time. I think this was just the right toy for Rhylan, it is a My Little Pony that came with a farm some animals and a garden to plan. How fun.


3 comments:

Mauricio and Tiffany said...

Wow Rhylan you are such a big girl! You earned that money because you worked so hard. That looks like a fun toy!

Brittany H said...

That was such a good idea! I bet it is even more special to her because she earned it.
Thanks for the link for the sensory tables!!

Chris and Sue Knight said...

sweet rewards!! Good job Rhylan. You are a hard worker. You are awesome..
It sure looks like a fun toy. See you soon. Grammy Sue

who's checking