Sunday, July 24, 2011

Farewell Southaven!!

So today was my last Sunday in Southaven. I didn't intend on crying before I went to church. I have been so crazy and excited to go that it hasn't hit me yet. But after I had to kind of say good-bye to some of my best friends the tears just came rolling.

Really I am so excited to move, I love moving and I love change. I love that I get another chance to have a fresh start and try out some new experiences. I have always loved it, in my life I have lived in at least 17 houses/apartments. I am not really attached to homes or things.---but friends, that is a different story.

Since we have been married: This is the first place I have lived that I actually made friends. This is the first ward that I have lived in more that 11 months. This is the first ward that I felt at home. Who would have thought all of this would have happened way over here on the other side of the country in Mississippi. These friends I have made here are so genuine. I think these friends are special too because we were brought together because we had to be each others families.

Just today, we were stranded on the way home from church. Without a question one of our friends came to our rescue and took us home and out of the heat. We have had friend who came over to our house at midnight to watch Rhylan when we went to the hospital to have Gracin. We have had several friends bring dinner to us unexpectedly when we really needed help. So many babysitters. We have been stranded other times and been rescued then, too. I locked myself out of the car and house a few times and have had friends who let us come over and crash. So many friends call during hard times. Someone went and took care of Riley and practically carried him up the stairs after his surgery when I couldn't do it. Given me a shoulder to cry on. Someone went grocery shopping for us when we were both physically unable. So many people have build me up spiritually too through their kind words, testimony, example etc.

So many of you have touched our lives and we are so grateful. I do feel sad that I can't go up to every person and give them a hug and say "I love you, and I really am going to miss you. And I really appreciated your friendship." I don't know what I am supposed to do to say goodbye. If I leave without hugging you or talking to you I am so sorry, I love you all!!

4 comments:

Brittany H said...

Savannah!! Way to make me tear up. I'm really, really going to miss you, and I know that our whole family is going to miss hanging out with your family. You really have been our family away from family!!!

R and A Lambert said...

We will miss all of you! Thanks for all you have done for our family and been such great friends for us. I know what you mean by this being the first ward to acutally make friends in and feel more like a home. Good luck in the west!

Natasha said...

Savannah, we will definitely miss you and your family. Thank you for doing so much for our family. I am amazed at all you do, I don't know how you do it. Good luck with everything and let us know if there is anything we can do for you to help with the move and everything.

Pierce Family said...

You are missed already (and I think you just left today!!!) It is weird thinking that I won't see you until graduation. Sorry to hear about your van. I know all about being stranded. =) Glad you found help. Have fun with your family and the Pratt's!

who's checking